Monday, May 2, 2011

Overcast holiday morning - to sleep or to jog?

I had always enjoyed a slow morning jog on a holiday. But it had been sometime since I did that. So when I overcame my lethargy and incredibly comfy bed in the fantastic weather this morning to go jog amidst the overcast skies and light run, I had time to reflect. I believe my life had evolved over the past year, where I understood myself a little better.

So much has changed ... got attached and recently detached... previous department was divested so was forced to change jobs, but landed a new role with much less travels... made huge decisions on life plans... I would like to think that I am in a better place now, but somehow, it just feels like I am back where I started.

After completing 10 marathons last year, I had thought it would have good to stop the chase for personal challenge. But after not doing the full marathon last December, I sorta missed the exuberance of completing an arduous run... which would have been okay if my recent training had been easy on my body. Maybe age is catching up. :P

No comments: