Friday, February 1, 2008

いちご と マスカポネ

Took a day of leave on wednesday, and did the necessary shopping for an attempt to bake something new, out of a recipe book given by a friend. Fun. Strawberry mascarpone cake... how hard can it be?

I was taken by surprise when I saw the price of mascarpone cheese at Cold Storage, even though this was not the first time I had bought it. But it just came back as a rude shock... wow... it is probably cheaper to just buy ready-made tiramisu, etc...


Anyhow, the fun of baking is in the process, as much as in the results, and it was fun to do some of the steps and come to realize that there are plenty of things that could have been done better. Like using a better gauge for measuring out 70 grams of sugar (think I put too little), using more mascarpone (but I was too cheap to buy more anyway) and not using so much strawberries that the whole cake looked strange (oops).


Well, the end-state was quite presentable, and tasted okay. Not the kinda dessert that you may crave for after a taste, so I wouldn't call this a success... yet. Now, the only thing left is to bring this cake to some unsuspecting friends... hee hee...






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew, I nearly become one of your "unsuspecting friends"...